Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Who Invented Swimming?

You ever wonder what ancient human decided to jump in the water and swim?

In my exercise quest, I decided to take a swim the other day.
I felt like a drunk fat man in the water. And this after I've gotten myself in pretty good shape.

Why in the world do people swim? We don't have webbed feet or gills. Most land dwelling creatures are smart enough to stay out of the water if they can help it.

I'll stick to bike riding. At least I've seen one of those trained chimps on a bike.
Just seems more natural.

-The HTRN

1 comment:

Angie said...

Hi, Randy! It's Erica's friend, Angie. I totally agree! We have a pool and I "go for a swim" now and then - not really, I actually get in the pool and float around. How is it that kids have so much fun in a pool? What are they doing that we aren't doing? I wish I could figure that out because I might get some exercise in the process.